mercredi 16 mai 2007

Pan's Labyrinth

I just watched Pan's Labyrinth on Dvd.

It was a good movie.

I liked the concept of the Spanish revolution taking place while the little girl lives her fantasy.
So we can see a huge contrast between the "real" life of military officers fighting the revolution and a child's way to see the world and escape it ... to another kind of life where she rules the world and nobody dies. This life is exciting without the risk of military and where the danger is not to pursue what you believe in.

Mixing fairy tales, brutal violence acts and horror movie elements was a great experience for me. It incorporates elements taken from Alice in Wonderland and Disney movies which I usually like so much.

I found the movie didn't go far enough in the fantasy elements which we don't experiment long enough in the movie compared to the revolution.

I wished the movie would last longer and some characters could have been used in more depth like the creature with eyes in his hands. It would have created more suspense and enabled the viewers to really appreciate all of them.

I loved it for the story, the many different messages of hope and the fantasy elements.

Aucun commentaire: