dimanche 25 septembre 2011

Nevermind - 20 years already!!

On a totally different note...
NEVERMIND is now 20 years old!
wow what a great album it was and it's still great today by most standards.
When I first listened to Nevermind in 5th or 6th grade, i never expected that music like that existed.
It totally changed the way I was listening to music and mostly the type of music i was listening to.
It totally changed me.
I was listening to Rap (MC Hammer,...) and some pop french singers from Quebec before this incredible happening...then I discovered Nirvana! Then I got interested in Grunge and the groups that created music around that genre.
To this day I still listen to Nirvana once in a while on my ipod and whenever a radio station plays something from them I really enjoy that time in the car. It still feels fresh to listen to them even though its been 18 years now since Kurt died :(
Everytime I see a kid or teenager with a Nirvana shirt, I smile and Im happy that this generation too is enjoying the music I grew up on. This music feels immortal and I hope it stays in the minds of the coming generations for ever.
I've got so many things from Nirvana, still buying books about them or magazines with old interviews from Kurt and the band or new talks from Novoselic or Grohl. I'm buying the deluxe editions of all the "new" releases to hear anything that I havent heard before from them.
Everytime i visit Seattle it feels special and it will always feel like a mystical place for me.
Im a huge fan of music and I attend a lot of concerts each year, but I wonder if my interest would be that big if it wasnt for Nirvana and what it brought me as a kid...

Aucun commentaire: