jeudi 28 février 2008

San Francisco : Feb 15 -19

I was in San Francisco for a vacation trip from February 15 to 19. It was my first time there so I had a lot of places to visit.

I really enjoyed the city which looks a lot like some European cities in the mountains.
Everything is close together, you can walk everywhere, but the bus system is great and kinda cheap (reuse your ticket throughout the day) so no real reason to walk long distances if you can't climb those streets. They also have a great metro system that you can take to go from SF airport to Oakland, San Jose and further north which is great if you want to visit the towns in the area.

My hotel was in the Fishermans Warf area which is mostly where the attractions are and its a good place to wander around with all those little restaurants with products from the fishermans day.

I biked the golden gate bridge which is a fantastic way to discover the bridge, the fort museum and the towns beyond the bridge. It was a long biking trip, but it was worth it for long term memories ;) The towns we visited were really charming with good restaurants, shops, beautiful houses and the view on the ocean was great.

we visited the golden bridge, chinatown, financial district, metreon, golden gate park, haight and ashbury area, fishermans Warf and market street area.

it was a great time spent there, but after 5 days it was time to come back to LA...nothing more to visit really after 3 days.

It so different than LA which is huge and cut by highways everywhere.

On the last day I was in the Metreon area and everyone had their GDC passes ... oh I wish I could get to the conferences ... maybe next year :(

I saw a lot of game developpers I knew in the streets of SF that last day.

Interesting town :)

Aucun commentaire: